Saturday 9 April 2011

I found something to write about....

Dear Uterus,

First things first, yes I am attracted to guys, yes I would like kids eventually but why in Sam-Hell do you want to have children now?

I am 15, single; a virgin…there is no need for you to get ahead of yourself here. Maybe in 5 to 10 years, yes. Kids. Love ‘em. But honestly, now? Under New Zealand law it is illegal for a girl to have sex under the age of 16! I’m not “legal” yet, so I see no reason for you to prepare yourself! I have never had a boyfriend, I have had boys ask me out, but there is nothing in my life that would suggest I am in a sexual relationship, yes my heart thuds when I see (-cough cough-) but that means next to nothing!

Now, uterus, if I was to get pregnant before 16 I will either, get an abortion (not f***ing likely!! I am against that sort of thing but my dad….) or get disowned. I love my family and I would hate to have to spend the rest of my life without my family, (potentially) being a single unemployed mother at 15, and have a bad reputation, it wouldn’t just be me affected!

Imagine the father’s feelings…when he finds out…will he leave me? Never to see me again? Or will he be loyal and stand by me like (-cough cough-)? I have no way of knowing! What about the child? The child would grow up an outcast because its mother is a “whore” (Whoopee! How fun! I can see it now… The Kapiti-Whore!!) And the father a player! That’s enough to send anyone towards suicide! What about my parents? Their eldest daughters a teenage mum! Only these summer holidays, when I went to Whanganui, while I was walking around with 1-year old Ruby at my hip (NOT my child!! She’s Aunty Di’s daughter and she dressed Roobs in almost identical clothing to mine!!) Did my dad remark most people walking down Main St were thinking I was a teenage mum! Imagine his surprise if that snide comment turned into reality! Now I could on forever about how it affects everyone in the Kapiti area but I won’t because it’s basically the same thing over and over again!!

Listen, uterus, you’re awesome sometimes, but this one-month cycle…you’re an organ-werewolf!

Please, I beg, please stop this game every month until I want children!!

Yours,

Roseanna Simmons

3 comments:

  1. It just wants attention, hence the temper tantrums. As a good parent, you could ignore it and it'll stop attacking other organs after a while. Alternatively, you could straight-up murder it with painkillers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't hurt, just PISSES ME OFFFFFFF!!!!!

    s'ok my priod finished :D

    ReplyDelete

I am totally capable of finding you, because I'm creepy like that...